WCCU membership is not just reserved for the adults we serve. We have specially designed products and services focused on helping our youngest members start out on the right foot.
Through Member Services outreach, family education, and school programs we want to help young families and their children learn all about smart money choices.
We want to be your trusted resource for all of your financial needs throughout your life. At WCCU you are part of our family!
The Right Start
Youth Savings | Learn More
It’s never too early to begin teaching our children and grandchildren the importance of smart money choices and saving. Wexford Community Credit Union offers a Youth Savings Account to get our members under 17 started off on the right track.
Certificates of Deposits | Learn More
A certificate of deposit is a time-based savings, which means that your money is invested for the time period that you choose. CDs are a great way to help your children start with a strong financial base, with a guaranteed interest rate and very low risk.
CDs are different than their regular Share Savings account because they will not have access to the money during the investment period without penalty. What a great way to teach patience!
Benefits for our Young Members | Learn More
- Only $5.00 to start first account
- Teach smart money choices
- Educational opportunities
- Local banking support through life
- Individualized service
Preparing for Their Future
Financial products & services to consider when preparing for your children’s future:
Early learning opportunities = smart money choices. Our Member Services Specialists will take the time to walk through all of the options for you and your kids.
- Savings strategies
- Certificates of Deposit
- Shared access accounts
WCCU provides access to information and resources to help our youngest members learn about smart money choices.
Website & Games to Help Kids Learn
Credit Union vs. Traditional Bank
Stay connected with the latest news and information effecting youth in our region.
Make the America Saves Pledge
Get Started & Join Today
What do I need to Bring?
To open your Wexford Community Credit Union Account you will need to bring the following:
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID card (or any other government-issued photo-ID such as U.S. passport).
- A second form of ID which bears your name, for example, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, School ID, Voters Registration, Work ID, etc. (Reminder: Please remember to bring children’s social security card and birth certificate with you when opening children’s accounts.)
- Proof of physical address.
- If provided forms of ID do not list physical address, or if it is a brand new address, we will need to see car registration, any official mail, something that is printed with the physical address. (A Secretary of State update sticker on your license is perfectly acceptable.)
- If you work, worship or go to school in one of our eligible counties, we must have a letter from that organization, a paystub, or something to establish proof of the relationship.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit establishes your Regular Share (Savings) Account. This Regular Share (Savings) Account is required for access to all other services provided by the Credit Union. The $5.00 minimum deposit must remain in the account as long as you are a member of, and wish to use services provided by, Wexford Community Credit Union.