WCCU has special services for our senior most members, both long-term and brand new to our credit union. Let us help you navigate your new financial needs and plan for your future.
Your WCCU membership provides exceptional service for all of your personal banking needs. With individualized care, low cost loans, member dividends, secure online banking, and great loan rates you will benefit from the ownership advantage.
We meet the needs of our members by providing educational support and individualized care to establish a basis for financial health. Let us help you customize a plan to address everything from basic needs to your long-term financial strategies.
As a WCCU member you have a voice in the future of the credit union. Your opinions count and your requests are heard. We pride ourselves on being responsive to our member’s needs; always keeping in mind that our purpose is service, not profit.
Love Your Credit Union!
Retirement can be a transition offering so much look forward to, but can also create anxiety regarding new money management considerations. Our caring and knowledgeable staff will offer additional financial guidance through this new station of life. Let us help you determine the products and services that best suit your banking needs. We have something for everyone, all with great rates and friendly service!
Tired of all of the fees associated with traditional checking accounts? Check this out!
- No monthly fees!
- No monthly check-writing limit!
- Initial minimum initial deposit of only $5.00.
- No minimum monthly balance required.
Have an unexpected expense? Try our flexible loan options with great rates!
- No Application Fee
- Low competitive rates
- Quick loan request turnaround
- Pre-payment allowed without penalty
- ACH service for easy, automatic payments
- Loans starting as low as $500.00.
Time to buy that boat you have always wanted or an RV to go explore the country? We have the perfect vehicle loan for you!
- New & Used Car Loans
- Recreational Vehicles
- Refinancing options too!
Successfully juggling the demands of life requires tools that can keep pace with your schedule. WCCU puts the power in your hands for managing your finances 24/7. Manage all of your accounts from one place, schedule monthly payments, apply for a loan, and so much more. Our online banking services make your money management simple and convenient.
Online Bill Pay: Want an easier way to manage your expenses?
- Online Bill Pay –Organize and pay all of your bills right from your WCCU online account.
- Set up automatic payments to ensure timely payment of regular expenses.
- Control, track, and review payment history.
- Reduce clutter and stay organized.
- Receive reminders and notifications.
- Save money on stamps and trips to the post office.
Online Tools: Need tools for financial planning?
- Free credit report and score
- Monthly payment calculator
- Figure debt to income ratio
- Determine the amortization schedule of your loan
- NADA Blue Book values
24/7 Access: Need banking tools at any time of the day or night?
- Account Management – Check transactions sub-accounts and loans. Set up account notifications and reminders.
- Account Summary – View your account balances and loan information.
- Transfers & Payments – Make loan or VISA payments and transfer money between your sub-accounts.
- E-statements – Opt for e-statements and access your monthly account statements online.
Moving to a New Location or Planning to Travel?
Whether you are becoming a seasonal snow bird or just plan to travel, you can still access your credit union accounts. WCCU is a member of the Xtend Shared Branch and CO-OP Networks, which feature more than networked Credit Union locations across Michigan, throughout the Midwest, and across the country.
CO-OP ATM Network
As part of the CO-OP Network we are able to provide access to the largest network of fee-free ATM locations across the nation.
Click here to access the network: CO-OP ATM Network.
Please remember to change the “select location type” dropdown box to “ATM”
Xtend Shared Branching Network
Can’t make it to one of WCCU’s branches? Traveling out of town? As part of the Xtend Shared Branching Network there are many shared branch locations available to you; find out where!
Click here to access the Xtend Shared Branching Network: Xtend Network
Free and convenient access to:
- Make deposits
- Withdraw cash
- Cash checks
- Transfer funds
- Make loan payments
WCCU VISA EZCard Access
Already have a WCCU Preferred Platinum Visa account? Gain quick and easy access to manage your account with EZCard Access.
If your Visa card was lost or stolen and it is after business hours, please call 1-800-991-4961.
Click here to access your Visa account: EZCard Access
WCCU Mortgage | Local. Trusted. Simple.
Buy a Home | Learn More
Looking to purchase a home? WCCU offers local mortgage servicing with the people you have come to know and trust. Down payments as low as 3%, fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, and very competitive closing costs. Share your home buying dreams with a WCCU Mortgage Specialist today, and get started on a simpler path to home ownership.
Refinance | Learn More
Considering refinancing your existing mortgage? WCCU offers competitive rates and numerous loan options. Let our Mortgage Specialists find a loan that fits your needs perfectly.
Home Equity | Learn More
A Secured Home Equity Loan might be the right choice for you if you have equity in your home or property and are in need of funds for a major purchase. WCCU offers competitive rates and loan terms on Home Equity Loans. Talk to our Mortgage Specialist about your options today!
Discover the Benefits of Membership
Low-cost loans, convenient account options, and discounted insurance services are just a few of the services your membership provides. We are always improving our products, services, and resources for our members.
- No monthly maintenance fees
- No transaction limits
- Low minimum balance requirements
- Low interest rates
- Mobile banking
- Online and traditional services
Profitable & Protected
- Dividends –On average, Wexford Community Credit Union distributes over $60,000 in year-end member dividends.
- Insured Deposits – Your savings is federally insured up to $250,000.00 through the National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
- Partner Discounts – As a Wexford Community Credit Union member you will enjoy discounts and special offers exclusive to our membership with local and national brands.
- Friendly and familiar faces servicing your accounts
- Local banking keeps your money local
- Community collaborations
- Two convenient locations
- Supporting individuals and local businesses
WCCU provides access to information and resources to support your financial needs.
Consumer Protection Financial Bureau
Credit Union vs. Traditional Bank
Recovering from identity theft can take time and money. ID Protect covers not only you, but your family’s information as well! You choose which information to register and can include not only your WCCU financial information, but your social security number, phone numbers, other debit and credit cards you have, and many other types of information.
For just $2.00 per month, you receive the following identity theft protection and much more:
- Online identity theft news center
- Debit and credit card registration
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist
- Identity theft recovery case plan
- Total Identity Monitoring
- Credit monitoring
- 3-in-1 Credit Report
Download the Enrollment Form:
Call us for the WCCU access code, then click on the link above to get started!
Stay connected with the latest news and information effecting seniors in our region.
Planning Ahead: Taking the Mystery Out of Retirement Planning
How to Keep Medical Debt in Check
Out of all debt types, medical collections make up 52 percent of collection accounts on credit reports, far outpacing all other types of debt. Medical collections are so widespread, that an estimated 43 million consumers with an account in collection have medical debt.
Read about How to Keep Medical Debt in Check:
Prevent Elder Financial Abuse
Elder financial exploitation—commonly linked with other forms of abuse and neglect—threatens the health, dignity, and economic security of millions of older Americans. By becoming educated about the ways in which elders are taken advantage of, and ways to help prevent this kind of abuse, we can all help to ensure the continued health and well-being of our elders.
Free Financial Abuse Prevention Checklist: Preventing-Elder-Financial-Abuse-Handouts
Financial exploitation is a fast-growing form of abuse of seniors and adults with disabilities. Situations of financial exploitation commonly involve trusted persons in the life of the vulnerable adult, such as:
- Family members
- Friends and acquaintances
- Bank employees
- Doctors or nurses
Why are the elderly attractive targets?
- Persons over the age of 50 control over 70% of the nation’s wealth
- The elderly are likely to have disabilities that make them dependent on others for help. These “helpers” may have access to homes and assets, and may exercise significant influence over the older person
- They may have predictable patterns (e.g. because older people are likely to receive monthly checks, abusers can predict when an older people will have money on hand or need to go to the bank)
- Severely impaired individuals are also less likely to take action against their abusers as a result of illness or embarrassment
- Advances in technology have made managing finances more complicated
Local WCCU Resource Partners
- In-home Respite Care
- Fresh Food Programs
- Medication Management
- Adult Day Services
- Snow Removal Services
- A directory of Human Service organizations
Get Started & Join Today
What do I need to Bring?
To open your Wexford Community Credit Union Account you will need to bring the following:
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID card (or any other government-issued photo-ID such as U.S. passport).
- A second form of ID which bears your name, for example, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, School ID, Voters Registration, Work ID, etc. (Reminder: Please remember to bring children’s social security card and birth certificate with you when opening children’s accounts.)
- Proof of physical address.
- If provided forms of ID do not list physical address, or if it is a brand new address, we will need to see car registration, any official mail, something that is printed with the physical address. (A Secretary of State update sticker on your license is perfectly acceptable.)
- If you work, worship or go to school in one of our eligible counties, we must have a letter from that organization, a paystub, or something to establish proof of the relationship.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit establishes your Regular Share (Savings) Account. This Regular Share (Savings) Account is required for access to all other services provided by the Credit Union. The $5.00 minimum deposit must remain in the account as long as you are a member of, and wish to use services provided by, Wexford Community Credit Union.