About Our Credit Union
Why Wexford Community Credit Union?
Wexford Community Credit Union is a financial institution built on the foundation of over 60 years of service and community. As a credit union we are owned by our members and exist to serve your financial needs. At WCCU you will be served by financial professionals who truly care about serving the needs of our members.
As a WCCU member you have a voice in the future of the credit union. Your opinions count and your requests are heard. We pride ourselves on being responsive to our member’s needs; always keeping in mind that our purpose is service, not profit.
Wexford Community Credit Union is dedicated to delivering personalized financial services and products designed to benefit our members first. We meet the needs of our community by providing educational support and individualized care to establish a basis for financial health. The assistance we provide helps to build a strong financial foundation for our community, one member at a time.
Wexford Community Credit Union was established to provide quality financial services for our members. We believe the true value of our organization is expressed by our dedication to personalized service. As a credit union we do not operate for profit or charity, but to provide service to our membership and community.
Our Core Values
A – Accessibility – Serving all members of the community
C – Contribution – Community leadership through volunteer efforts and strong community relationships
T – Teamwork – Working together in a supportive environment to deliver an exceptional credit union experience
I – Integrity – Putting members needs first to ensure the highest quality service in the financial industry
V – Value – Offering products and services that are accessible and affordable for our membership
E – Enrichment – Providing educational resources to meet the needs of our members at every stage of life
Since 1953 WCCU has been continually adapting to meet the needs of its members.
- February 1953 – Chartered as Kysor Industrial Credit Union (started in the Kysor Industrial Corporation break room)
- The Credit Union moved to Packer’s home
- The Credit Union moved to Cass Street office
- Malleable Iron Credit Union merged
- Ann’s Parish Credit Union merged
- 1979 – Began construction of present building in Cadillac
- 1979 – Changed from Federal to State Charter and became Wexford ‘Community’ Credit Union
- 1980 – Mercy Hospital Credit Union merged
- 1981 – Cadillac School Employees Credit Union merged
- 1984 – Second drive-up window constructed
- 1986 – Third drive-up window constructed
- 1994-95 – Remodeling building
- August 4, 1995 – Rededication Ceremony
- Sept 1995 – To keep up with changing times, the Wexford Community Credit Union went from an in-house system to WESCO, a computer service
- June 1997 – ATM available 24 hours / 7 days a week for our members’ needs
- Provided web site to serve our members in the new century
- 2004 – Service to Osceola and Missaukee Counties added to the WCCU Charter
- 2006 – WCCU Lake City Branch opened
Get Started & Join Today
What do I need to Bring?
To Open you Wexford Community Credit Union Account you will need to bring the following:
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID card (or any other government-issued photo-ID such as U.S. passport).
- A second form of ID which bears your name, for example, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, School ID, Voters Registration, Work ID, etc. (Reminder: Please remember to bring children’s social security card and birth certificate with you when opening children’s accounts.)
- Proof of physical address.
- If provided forms of ID do not list physical address, or if it is a brand new address, we will need to see car registration, any official mail, something that is printed with the physical address. (A Secretary of State update sticker on your license is perfectly acceptable.)
- If you work, worship or go to school in one of our eligible counties, we must have a letter from that organization, a paystub, or something to establish proof of the relationship.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit establishes your Regular Share (Savings) Account. This Regular Share (Savings) Account is required for access to all other services provided by the Credit Union. The $5.00 minimum deposit must remain in the account as long as you are a member of, and wish to use services provided by, Wexford Community Credit Union.