Families have many responsibilities and important financial decisions to balance. Wexford Community Credit Union offers our families hands-on support and education for their growing needs. We are dedicated to serving all of the members of your family from your littlest ones to their grandparents.
Your WCCU membership provides exceptional service for all of your banking needs from fee-free checking to home equity loans. With our personalized care, member dividends, secure online banking, and great loan rates, you will benefit from the ownership advantage.
As a WCCU member you have a voice in the future of the credit union. Your opinions count and your requests are heard. We pride ourselves on being responsive to our member’s needs; always keeping in mind that our purpose is service, not profit. Let us help you create financial solutions that suit your family, and help you to build a strong financial future.
Learn more about what WCCU can do to help families.
Renovating your home, managing student loan debt, buying a vehicle, or considering college savings accounts for your children? Sit down today with a Member Services Specialist to learn about you’re the best financing options to meet your needs. We want to help your family maintain a lifetime of financial health.
Family Banking | Learn More
- Savings & CDs
- WCCU Visa
- 24/7 Online Banking
- Online Bill Pay
Family Loan Options | Learn More
- Home Equity
- Overdraft Protection
Family Benefits | Learn More
- 24/7 Online Access
- Low rate loans
- Minimal account fees
- Individualized service
- ATM Accessibility
- Partner discounts
Students | Learn More
We understand students need support for learning the basics of finance to get started on the right path. WCCU is a trusted resource for young people approaching adulthood to help build a strong financial foundation. Let us help you today!
Youth | Learn More
WCCU membership is not just reserved for the adults we serve. We have specially designed products and services focused on helping our youngest members start out on the right foot. Let us help you teach them about the basics.
Seniors | Learn More
Retirement can be an exciting time, but can also create anxiety regarding new money management considerations. Our caring and knowledgeable staff will offer additional financial guidance through this new station of life.
Business | Learn More
Our personalized approach to business banking provides a perfectly scaled resource for the financial support your business needs, whether you have a long-standing business in the community or are just getting off the ground.
All families have financial responsibilities to keep in check. Knowing your options and taking the steps now to plan for your future will provide peace of mind when you come up against any unexpected challenges.
Through each stage of life, WCCU wants to be your trusted resources for meeting the needs of your family. Let us know any immediate needs that you may have and we will point you toward the products and services that provide the best solution. Share with us your vision for the future and we will guide you toward the right financial pathway to lead you there.
Preparing for your future | Connect with a WCCU family specialist now!
- Budget Planning
- Cash Management
- Certificates of Deposit
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA)
- Home Equity
- Purpose Specific Savings Accounts
- New or Used Car Loan
- Identity Protection
WCCU Mortgage | Local. Trusted. Simple.
Buy a Home | Learn More
Looking to purchase a home? WCCU offers local mortgage servicing with the people you have come to know and trust. Down payments as low as 3%, fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, and very competitive closing costs. Share your home buying dreams with a WCCU Mortgage Specialist today, and get started on a simpler path to home ownership.
Refinance | Learn More
Considering refinancing your existing mortgage? WCCU offers competitive rates and numerous loan options. Let our Mortgage Specialists find a loan that fits your needs perfectly.
Home Equity | Learn More
A Secured Home Equity Loan might be the right choice for you if you have equity in your home or property and are in need of funds for a major purchase. WCCU offers competitive rates and loan terms on Home Equity Loans. Talk to our Mortgage Specialist about your options today!
Successfully juggling the demands of life requires tools that can keep pace with your schedule. WCCU puts the power in your hands for managing your finances 24/7. Manage all of your accounts from one place, schedule monthly payments, apply for a loan, and so much more. Our online banking services make your money management simple and convenient.
Online Bill Pay: Want an easier way to manage your expenses?
- Online Bill Pay –Organize and pay all of your bills right from your WCCU online account.
- Set up automatic payments to ensure timely payment of regular expenses.
- Control, track, and review payment history.
- Reduce clutter and stay organized.
- Receive reminders and notifications.
- Save money on stamps and trips to the post office.
Online Tools: Need tools for financial planning?
- Free credit report and score
- Monthly payment calculator
- Figure debt to income ratio
- Determine the amortization schedule of your loan
- NADA Blue Book values
24/7 Access: Need banking tools at all times of the day and night?
- Account Management – Check transactions sub-accounts and loans. Set up account notifications and reminders.
- Account Summary – View your account balances and loan information.
- Transfers & Payments – Make loan or VISA payments and transfer money between your sub-accounts.
- E-statements – Opt for e-statements and access your monthly account statements online.
WCCU provides access to information and resources to support your future.
Family Budget Planning
With all the demands of running a family, it’s hard to find time to make a household budget. However, it might be the most important time you can spend in preparing for the future. A budget help you to keep track of where all of your money is truly going and can help you make better decisions about spending.
Download a worksheet to get started: Family Budget Worksheet
5 Basic Principles for Making the Most of Your Money
Making the most of your money starts with five building blocks for managing and growing your money — The MyMoney Five. Keep these five principles in mind as you make day-to-day decisions and plan your financial goals.
The Financial Literacy & Education Commission has developed MyMoney.gov as a resource for families to create financial health. They have resources for all of the members of your family. Check it out!
My Money Five: 5 Principles for making the most of your money.
Recovering from identity theft can take time and money. ID Protect covers not only you, but your family’s information as well! You choose which information to register and can include not only your WCCU financial information, but your social security number, phone numbers, other debit and credit cards you have, and many other types of information.
For just $2.00 per month, you receive the following identity theft protection and much more:
- Online identity theft news center
- Debit and credit card registration
- Access to a dedicated fraud specialist
- Identity theft recovery case plan
- Total Identity Monitoring
- Credit monitoring
- 3-in-1 Credit Report
Click here to register.
Download the Enrollment Form: 2017.01 ID PROTECT Enrollment
Call us for the WCCU access code, then click on the link above to get started!
Credit Union vs. Traditional Bank
Learn about the difference between the offering of credit unions as opposed to traditional banking institutions.
Stay connected with the latest news and information effecting students in our region
Family Tax Breaks
There are many tax breaks for middle class families, but often one or more of these tax breaks is commonly missed.
Taking advantage of tax breaks aimed at working families can significantly decrease your tax burden. Lowering your adjusted gross income (AGI) through eligible deductions is especially important when filing jointly if both spouses work and earn an income.
Check out these tax breaks for middle class families: Tax Breaks for Families
Coping with Debt
Debt management doesn’t have to be a scary process. Information is key to making just the right choices. The Federal Trade Commission has assembled information you need to know about making the right choices.
Access the FTC information and resources here about effectively coping with debt.
Saving for the Dream Vacation
WCCU offers a “Other Savings Account”, which may be used to save money for specific purposes. These accounts may be assigned a nickname of your choosing. For example, you may be saving for “Family Vacation” or “College Fund”. This will allow you to set and keep track of your savings goals individually.
The Independant Traveler has offered up some creative ways to help add the your account balance and get you on your way to a terrific destination faster. Read the article here.
Local WCCU Partners
- Shelter, counseling and support for victims of domestic violence
- Legal advocacy
- Parenting Education
- Food Assistance
- Child Care Assistance
- Emergency Relief Services
- Rehabilitation Services for people with disabilities
Get Started & Join Today
What do I need to bring?
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID card (or any other government-issued photo-ID such as U.S. passport).
- A second form of ID which bears your name, for example, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, School ID, Voters Registration, Work ID, etc. (Reminder: Please remember to bring children’s social security card and birth certificate with you when opening children’s accounts.)
- Proof of physical address.
- If provided forms of ID do not list physical address, or if it is a brand new address, we will need to see car registration, any official mail, something that is printed with the physical address. (A Secretary of State update sticker on your license is perfectly acceptable.)
- If you work, worship or go to school in one of our eligible counties, we must have a letter from that organization, a paystub, or something to establish proof of the relationship.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit establishes your Regular Share (Savings) Account. This Regular Share (Savings) Account is required for access to all other services provided by the Credit Union. The $5.00 minimum deposit must remain in the account as long as you are a member of, and wish to use services provided by, Wexford Community Credit Union.