WCCU membership is not just reserved for the adults we serve. We have specially designed products and services focused on helping our youngest members start out on the right foot.
Through Member Services outreach, family education, and school programs we want to help young families and their children learn all about smart money choices.
We want to be your trusted resource for all of your financial needs throughout your life. At WCCU you are part of our family!
Youth Savings | Learn More
It’s never too early to begin teaching our children and grandchildren the importance of smart money choices and saving. Wexford Community Credit Union offers a Youth Savings Account to get our members under 17 started off on the right track.
Certificates of Deposits | Learn More
A certificate of deposit is a time-based savings, which means that your money is invested for the time period that you choose. CDs are a great way to help your children start with a strong financial base, with a guaranteed interest rate and very low risk.
CDs are different than their regular Share Savings account because they will not have access to the money during the investment period without penalty. What a great way to teach patience!
Benefits for our Young Members | Learn More
- Only $5.00 to start first account
- Teach smart money choices
- Educational opportunities
- Local banking support through life
- Individualized service
Financial products & services to consider when preparing for your children’s future:
Early learning opportunities = smart money choices. Our Member Services Specialists will take the time to walk through all of the options for you and your kids.
- Savings strategies
- Certificates of Deposit
- Shared access accounts
WCCU provides access to information and resources to help our youngest members learn about smart money choices.
Websites & Games to Help Kids Learn
MyMoney.gov offers lots of links to games, fun activities, websites, video games, and information about money for kids and youth. You will find links to information on how to save money, what to think about when shopping and buying, and budgeting basics.
Get links for kids here.
Credit Union vs. Traditional Bank
Learn about the difference between the offering of credit unions as opposed to traditional banking institutions.
Stay connected with the latest news and information effecting students in our region
Take the America Saves Pledge
Let America Saves help you reach your savings and financial goals. It all starts when you make a commitment to yourself to save. That’s what this pledge is all about.
Age-by-Age Guide to Talking to Kids About Money
It is never to early to start teaching your kids about smart money choices.
Read Parents Magazine age-by-age guide for teaching kids about money.
Get Started & Join Today
What do I need to bring?
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID card (or any other government-issued photo-ID such as U.S. passport).
- A second form of ID which bears your name, for example, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, School ID, Voters Registration, Work ID, etc. (Reminder: Please remember to bring your children’s social security card and birth certificate with you when opening children’s accounts.)
- Proof of physical address.
- If provided forms of ID do not list physical address, or if it is a brand new address, we will need to see car registration, any official mail, something that is printed with the physical address. (A Secretary of State update sticker on your license is perfectly acceptable.)
- If you work, worship or go to school in one of our eligible counties, we must have a letter from that organization, a paystub, or something to establish proof of the relationship.
- A $5.00 membership feet establishes your Regular Share (Savings) Account. This Regular Share (Savings) Account is required for access to all other services provided by the Credit Union. The $5.00 membership fee must remain in the account as long as you are a member of, and wish to use services provided by, Wexford Community Credit Union.