Use your tax refund to grow your credit score!
Are you planning on buying a car? Renting your own place?
If you don’t have any credit established, it can be difficult to get started in the world of credit!
WCCU has a specific credit-building product line: cash-secured loans and credit cards. How does it work?
- You deposit cash (like money from your tax returns!) in your savings account.
- WCCU freezes the cash in the account, then issues you a loan (or a Visa credit card limit) for that amount.
- You make monthly payments and watch your credit score grow!
- Loan minimum: $500
- Visa credit card minimum: $300
- LOW interest rate: 5% APR.
- Repayment Terms: Up to 48 months
You can apply right through online banking, or call today to get started.
Lake City: 231.839.2081
The annual percentage rate is 5%. We’re Federally insured by the NCUA, which means your money’s safe with us, and as always, we’re an Equal Opportunity Lender!
Get Started & Join Today
What do I need to Bring?
To open your Wexford Community Credit Union Account you will need to bring the following:
- Your Michigan Driver’s License or State of Michigan ID card (or any other government-issued photo-ID such as U.S. passport).
- A second form of ID which bears your name, for example, Social Security Card, Insurance Card, School ID, Voters Registration, Work ID, etc. (Reminder: Please remember to bring children’s social security card and birth certificate with you when opening children’s accounts.)
- Proof of physical address.
- If provided forms of ID do not list physical address, or if it is a brand new address, we will need to see car registration, any official mail, something that is printed with the physical address. (A Secretary of State update sticker on your license is perfectly acceptable.)
- If you work, worship or go to school in one of our eligible counties, we must have a letter from that organization, a paystub, or something to establish proof of the relationship.
- A $5.00 minimum deposit establishes your Regular Share (Savings) Account. This Regular Share (Savings) Account is required for access to all other services provided by the Credit Union. The $5.00 minimum deposit must remain in the account as long as you are a member of, and wish to use services provided by, Wexford Community Credit Union.