History

History of Wexford Community Credit Union

  • February, 1953 – Chartered as Kysor Industrial Credit Union (started in Kysor’s break room)
  • The Credit Union moved to Packer’s home
  • The Credit Union moved to Cass Street office
  • Malleable Iron Credit Union merged
  • St. Ann’s Parish Credit Union merged
  • 1979 – Began construction of present building
  • 1979 – Changed from Federal to State Charter and became Wexford ‘Community’ Credit Union
  • 1980 – Mercy Hospital Credit Union merged
  • 1981 – Cadillac School Employees Credit Union merged
  • 1984 – Second drive-up window constructed
  • 1986 – Third drive-up window constructed
  • 1994-95 – Remodel building
  • August 4, 1995 – Rededication Ceremony
  • Sept, 1995 – To keep up with changing times, the Wexford Community Credit Union went from an in-house system to WESCO, a computer service
  • June,1997 – ATM available 24 hours / 7 days a week for our members’ needs
  • Provide web site to serve our members in the new century